Leadership Wheeler Adult Academy
The Adult Leadership Academy is a new chamber initiative. This initiative has been made possible by the sponsorship of the J. W. Fannin Institute for Leadership Development from the University of Georgia, Georgia Power, and local business owner Lori Purvis.
The Leadership Wheeler Adult Academy is designed to bring together emerging and potential leaders from our county to help them become more familiar with the community in which they live, strengthen their individual leadership abilities, and make them more aware of community needs and how they can help address these needs.
The program consists of one full day of training for six months with the sessions running from 9:00 until 5:00. Participants accepted into the program will spend ½ of each day hearing from members of the Fannin Institute and the other ½ day around our community hearing from local community members and visiting sites within our community. Lunch will be provided each day.
Topics covered by Fannin Institute Faculty include:
• October 29 - Understanding Leadership
• November 18 - Communicating Effectively
• December 9 - Making Group Decisions
• January 20 - Building Communities through Collaboration
• February 25 - Multi-Generational Leadership
• March 17 - Leading Change
On April 14th there will be a graduation program held in conjunction with the youth participating in the Leadership Wheeler Youth Academy.
Cost to participate in the program is $100.00.
• Have an interest in developing their leadership skills and ability for working with people.
• Have an interest in furthering his/her knowledge about the Wheeler County area and its needs and attributes and how they as an individual can assist in the development of the community.
• Commit to full participation in the Leadership Wheeler Academy. The program requires a significant time commitment. Please be sure you can make this commitment before applying.
• Applicants will be expected to become active participants in advancing the community and making a positive contribution to the area.
Nominations are accepted for this year’s program from now until October 22th at the Chamber of Commerce office. Nominees can be self selected.
Download the pdf below and submit your nomination to the Chamber via mail to P.O. Box 654, Alamo, Ga 30411; or email the chamber at email@example.com.
6 West Railroad Avenue, Alamo, GA 30411 Telephone: 912-568-7808